Friday, April 30, 2010

The Joy of Giving


In the Miami airport on the way to Port-au-Prince, I bought a diet coke with a $20 bill and received three $5 bills and some ones. At that time I could not figure out why they did not just give me a 10 and a 5 instead of three 5's, but oh well, whatever. Fast forward to church on Sunday....I had Wendy, Woody, and Wilnes by my side worshipping the whole time. As the offering plate was being passed, I realized I still had those three $5 bills. I got them out of my purse and handed each of the boys $5. Their eyes beamed as if they had never seen such a thing. They knew to put in the plate, but it was cute to see them put it in their pockets first before the plate got to them. They were so excited to give...and out of their own pockets! Throughout the worship service they were all so excited to take turns holding and flipping through my Bible. It was such a joy to be able to present Wilnes with his very own Bible the next day. Sweet Sleep provided Bibles in Creole to all the orphans who could read...to read to themselves and the other orphans. This picture was taken after I gave Wilnes his Bible. I marked specific verses for him and singed it with love. Wendy and Woody listened as Wilnes read to them. It was an honor to witness such a precious moment in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment