Thursday, April 15, 2010

A New Song

I am not a blogger. I am not on facebook. I do not tweet. However, I have been told by several friends and family that I need to join the rest of society and get on board with one of these social networks! So, in taking their (and my own) advice, I am singing a new song!

I came up with the title "A New Song" because of the well-known concept of "same song, second verse." I feel like through most of my life I have been doing that - singing the same song and just changing up the verses to fit my needs and wants for the moment...only to be disappointed with the melody. It just never felt or sounded right. I am learning to sing a new song. It requires me to let go of how I think the song should sound or what it should say so I can live fully in the present every day. This allows the melody to flow richly and beautifully as I have relinquished control of trying to make it perfect.

Also, I am a new person. I don't sing the same song I used to sing. I am forgiven. I am blessed. I am a daughter of God. I am so many things that require me to sing a new song every day so that I do not fall back into the old patters of getting stuck and just changing up the verses.

I hope you enjoy "A New Song" blog posts, as I share what I am learning in my life through my personal experiences and in my counseling work. What song are you singing?

1 comment:

  1. I, too am singing a new song, dear Laura!!! One of praise and thanksgiving to the Lord for breathing new life into me and awakening me to the gift of writing. It is no longer "same song, second verse" for me since I've walked through the door He opened to write for Him. I'm singing a new song in His presence... Love, A. Glenda

    ReplyDelete